Named in honor of CMAA Past President, Bill Kendall, this scholarship is awarded yearly by the Club Foundation and includes the tuition fees (not including travel expenses) associated with attending all of the following programs:
- BMI Club Management (formerly BMI I);
- BMI Leadership Principles (formerly BMI II);
- BMI General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (formerly BMI III);
- BMI Food & Beverage Management or BMI Golf Management;
- Joe Perdue Certification Review Course (including Study Guide); and
- CCM Exam Fees.
Any individual wishing to apply must be:
- A member of CMAA;
- an assistant manager;
- committed to a career in the club industry;
- actively pursuing the CCM designation;
- have at least one BMI course remaining to complete; and
- nominated for the scholarship by their CMAA chapter.
Since 2002, 54 club industry professionals have been awarded a Kendall Scholarship to assist in the pursuit of their CCM. More than 40% of the recipients have already earned their CCM with another 45% still actively working towards that goal.
All applications are due to the chapter from which a nomination is sought by November 1. Chapters must then submit the application of those candidates who are nominated to The Club Foundation by December 1. A complete list of guidelines and the scholarship application are available online.
Please contact Nichole Rhodes with any questions at (703) 739-9500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.